Understanding Your Finances

If you are experiencing financial difficulties or think you may in the future, the first step is always to talk to us directly.  With your help we’ll get a detailed understanding of your finances to help us come up with a solution.

Primary Residence – What form to use

The industry-standard financial statement (SFS) is a form designed to help you set out your financial circumstances in detail when you are in the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP).

If we are servicing your mortgage on behalf of a third party that is not regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, we will ask you to complete an SFS that corresponds to the industry SFS.  The Central Bank’s ‘Consumer Guide to Completing the Standard Financial Statement’ is also relevant to you.

If you are no longer in the MARP, we will ask you to complete an Income and Expenditure (I&E) form.

You will find a copy of the SFS and I&E form in the relevant ‘Customer’ section on the adjacent toolbar, or you can contact us and we will post the relevant form to you.

Buy-to-Let – What form to use
We will ask you to complete an Income and Expenditure (I&E) form to ensure we have a detailed understanding of your finances. You will find a copy of this form in the relevant ‘Customer’ section on the adjacent toolbar, or you can contact us and we will post one to you. You may have multiple properties and you may wish to discuss the account with one of our team members. You will find the contact details below in the section ‘Getting help to complete the SFS or I&E’


Getting help to complete the SFS or I&E: 
It is helpful to gather all your relevant information, including bills, receipts and documents, before you fill out your SFS or I&E. You should include all your basic living expenses. Completing one of these forms is useful as it may help you to think of ways to reduce your expenses and spending. There are options available if you need help:

  • Consumer Guide to Completing the Standard Financial Statement: The Central Bank of Ireland published this guide to assist borrowers with the completion of the SFS. This guide is useful as the SFS and I&E forms we use for regulated or unregulated cases in arrears – whether for a primary residence or a BTL – require similar information. Click here to download a copy of the guide. You can also contact us and we will send you a copy.
  • Speak to us: The Arrears Support Unit (ASU) responsible for your mortgage can help you complete the SFS or the I&E. We provide help over the phone. Or, if you prefer to meet in person, we can arrange a suitable time and location for a meeting at our offices in Dublin or Shannon, or at your home if that would suit you better. Whichever you choose, we will ensure to maintain your privacy. Visit our contact us page for the details.
  • Independent advice: You may prefer to seek independent advice from your financial advisor or from MABS (the Money Advice and Budgeting Service). MABS is a national, free, confidential and independent advice service for people in debt difficulties or in danger of getting into debt difficulties. The MABS Guide to the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears is available at www.mabs.ie. It will help you to complete the SFS or I&E The Useful Contacts section provides details on MABS and other useful contacts.

When we receive your completed SFS, our ASU will review it and we will send a copy back to you in the post.

Supporting documentation

We may also ask you to provide other documents so that we can assess your situation. These could include bank statements and proof of income.


Pepper Asset Servicing ('Pepper') uses cookies to make the website safe and secure to use. By using the website you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. You can find out more here.